Friday, June 1, 2012

One Project Done

This project has been in the works for years...literally!  We moved into this house 4 1/2 years ago and hardly have hung a picture on the wall.  It's my indecisiveness.  I have a hard time making decisions on dumb stuff like this.  Going to China again...no problem.  Picture frames...freak out!!  Geez!!  Finally, I took the plunge and ordered a collection of frames (these are from Organic Bloom).  Even though I was so excited about them and knew what I wanted to do, I still stared at the box for a week or two...scared to pull the trigger.  There's something about a hole in the wall that is so permanent.  It's crazy, I know!

Richard was out of town last week and I finally got the courage to start hanging.  First I used paper the size of each frame so I could place them where I wanted them.

May 2012-6385

 Then I replaced the paper with the real thing :) There are a couple I would like spaced a little differently, but for the most part, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. May 2012-6387

 Then the hard part...pictures. I have hours and hours represented in hundreds of GB on my computer, but when it comes to chosing which ones to use...I'm useless. I finally just made myself decide knowing that I can change them out at any time. I am thrilled with the way it turned out and find myself staring at the wall numerous times a day :)

  May 2012-6726May 2012-6727 

The girls have gotten the biggest kick out of them. They love to look at the pictures of their family. Wesleigh is on a big "family" kick. She talks about how much she loves her family and names everyone in it all the time. I love that. Now my problem is that I would love to do this to every wall in my house! I know that would be a little strange, so I'm going to refrain, but I do want to do another wall like this in my bedroom or bathroom. Give me another 4 years and I'll get that one done too! :)

19 comments:

Sue said...

you dont know me but I have been enjoying reading your blog for several months now. I have a family member that adopted thru China recently and found your sight thru her blog. Anyway I love love love this picture arrangement...great job!! I also want to say I love your photograpy skills. Keep up the good work! Jesus loves you girl.

Serving the King said...

GORGEOUS!! Absolutely GORGEOUS! Don't be surprised if you get hate mail from Organic Bloom because we are all ordering from them now and thus crashing their site. :) LOL

Paige said...

Oh I just love this!!! Oh and how I am friends with indecision!!! My bigs got married 2 years ago and I have some of my favorites printed and ready to go but no I have not done a thing!!! I'm glad to know I now have 2 more years to decide!!:)

Shannon said...

I know exactly how you feel, it took me forever to hang my first picture on the wall in my house. And my worst fear came true, I had to move it because it ended up not being completely centered. I still walk by that picture and think about those 2 holes in the wall that are thankfully hidden behind the massive picture. Uggg!

Anyway, you did an amazing job! It looks awesome!! I would love to do a wall like this with all the faces of the foster children I will have in my home over the years to come.

Hannah said...

That looks amazing. I'm the same way...I really really struggle with hanging pictures. We built our home twelve years ago and I've hardly hung any pictures. You've inspired me :)

Sharon said...

Jennifer, it looks fantastic! My sister has been in her home over 5 years ans she doesn't have anything on her walls.

redmaryjanes said...

That looks fantastic!

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL...
Love them..
Have a great weekend..

snekcip said...

Picture hanging FREAKS me out too! I can't tell you how stressful it is to get everything aligned. I know there are gadgets that help with that but STILL I can't make myself do it!! I have WALLS begging to be covered and pictures BEGGING to be hung on the wall! Still...I procastinate!! You did a wonderful job and I absolutely LOVE IT!! This may give me the "kick in the pants" I need to GET THOSE PICTURES HUNG!! Again...BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!!

Teresa said...

I LOVE it!! I think framing outdoor pics are the absolute best!!! It turned out great!

Jboo said...

Wow!! That turned out fabulous!!

Hey, how did you order from Organic Bloom? Are you a professinal photographer or go through one to order the frames?

janet

The Carew Family said...

I have a slight phobia of holes in the wall as well. I recently found the 3m command velcro strips and LOVE them!! The can handle almost anything and can be moved without leaving a hole in the wall. Great when you have red, yellow and blue walls!!
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Catalog/~/Command-Medium-Picture-Hanging-Strips?N=5922783&rt=rud

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Jen...it look FABULOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this - it's gorgeous! I'm totally paralyzed too about hanging up my photos. Have tons of photos waiting on my PC. Glad you were able to take action!

Lee and Sarah VanGrunsven said...

It's amazingly beautiful!!! Can I find these online? I know just the space for them!

Teresa M. said...

Girl, Congrats on pulling the trigger! Looks great! I am so guilty of this, too! I've ordered prints and then never follow thru with hanging. I am too much of a perfectionist that I end up not getting anything done!! That is my goal for this summer. I would also like to do a "family tree" type photo wall like this.

Keisha said...

I love it Jennifer! I remember you telling me about these Gorgeous frames!!! So glad to see them hanging up! They look great!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

LOVE this wall!!! what love your family gets to see each day!!! Blessings and love! XO

Suzy & Bill said...

Oh my I am so glad you posted
and shared the link. I too
have had a difficult time
with hanging. I was about
to hang some pictures of our little miss in frames I did
not love but had not seen any better. I read your blog
just in time! I've placed my
order. Can't wait to see them
in person! Thanks for sharing!

Powered by Blogger.